The Palmyra Area Minor Hockey Association (“Palmyra Black Knights” or “PBK”) is committed to providing opportunities to participate in youth hockey to those young athletes in our community interested in becoming part of the PBK hockey family. The PBK Family Fund was established to provide a reduced fee to families who otherwise may not be able to participate in travel hockey due to financial constraints. Eligibility is limited to families who have a PBK travel team player (excluding High Performance) and submit a timely application that meets our Fund guidelines.
PBK Family Fund awards will be considered and granted based on the availability of funds, and the financial need and any special circumstances of the applicant family.
Required Submissions by Applicant:
- Copies of the two (2) most recent Federal Income Tax Forms (i.e. Form 1040/A and W-2/1099) of each individual (parent/guardian) who contributes to the household income.
- Copies of the two (2) most recent pay stubs or unemployment compensation stubs for each individual (parent/guardian) who contributes to the household income on the Tax Forms submitted.
- A complete and signed PBK Family Fund application form submitted to the PBK Treasurer prior to the deadline. All information on the application must accurate. PBK will pursue the repayment of funds awarded based on false information.
- The family may submit a brief letter outlining any special circumstances the family wishes to bring to the attention of the PBK Family Fund Committee.
- Payment plans shall be established based on the amount awarded and the PBK team fee. Awardees may be removed from their PBK team if payments are not timely received under the agreed upon installment plan.
- PBK Family Fund awards are limited to one member per family, per season.
- Award amounts will be based on the funding available for the PBK Family Fund on May 1 of the Fund commencement year, and represent the same percentage of the base registration fee applicable to the level at which the awardee(s) participate. By way of example, an award at the PeeWee level will be greater than an award at the Squirt level, but each will represent the same percentage of the applicable Program fee.
- Receipt of an award does not guarantee placement in the hockey program.
For consideration, a completed application and all requested information must be submitted to:
Palmyra Black Knights
101 Landings Drive Annville, PA 17003
All applications must be received by the required submission date posted on the Palmyra Black Knights website. Applications for the 2018 -2019 season will be accepted through July 31, 2018.
Not everyone who applies will receive an award. Awards are not talent-based. Each player receiving an award must demonstrate dedication through consistent attendance at team practices and games, and exhibit positive sportsmanship. Volunteerism is also an important expectation of those who receive awards. Each family receiving an award is expected to actively participate in PBK-sponsored activities. Further, families receiving awards are required to meet and adhere to all guidelines set forth in the Palmyra Black Knights Payment and Refund Policy. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in forfeiture of the award.
Applications will be reviewed by the PBK Family Fund Committee. The Treasurer and/or Assistant Treasurer will receive and number each application. The Personal Information (names, addresses and phone numbers) will be separated from the rest of the information submitted with the application. The Treasurer will provide the Committee (comprised of 3 non-PBK board members) with this information only.
The Committee will meet as necessary, but no fewer than two times each season, to determine Fund awardees and respective amounts awarded. All applications will be reviewed thoroughly. Awards will be determined based on availability of funds and assessment of need. Award recipients will be notified by the Treasurer. Awards will be credited to the family account for the then-current hockey season. Award recipient names will not be shared by the Board.